This delicious cheese bread always seems to disappear within 5 minutes of hitting our gaming table!
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup water heated to 120 to 130 degrees
- 2 Tbsp. softened margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 2 (14 oz) rounds Brie cheese, with or without herbs
- 2 (7 inch) strands clean cotton twine or string
- 1 egg, beaten
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, combine flour mixture with yeast from foil packet in Pillsbury roll mix. Blend well.
- Stir in hot water, margarine & 1 egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- With greased or floured hands, shape dough into a ball. Knead dough for 5 minutes until smooth, sprinkling with additional flour if it gets too sticky.
- Cover with large bowl & let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half into 11 inch circle.
- Place one round of Brie in center of each circle. Gather dough and fold over brie, so that cheese is completely covered. To encase each Brie round, gather up edges of dough as evenly as possible. Gently tie dough on top of each bundle with twine or string. Twist each piece of dough on top and flatten slightly.
- Place rounds on greased cookie sheet. Cover.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven 375°.
- Brush dough with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, remove twine and cute into wedges.
Optional: You may add any of the following to the top or bottom of your brie before encasing in dough:honey and/or toasted almonds
herbs of your choice (such as garlic & basil)
diced apricots soaked in brandy, wine or juice